Monday, April 20, 2009

"Eye Wish"-List.

Hey,

I wanted to share with someone but you can't really go "Hey!! What's Up.... Yeah, Yeah, that's cool but listen to this:" Ya know? It's just not cricket.

Before I get down to it, I wanted to let you know that my day is going perfect right now. This very moment I am happy. Just here. If I could stay in this moment forever I would. I would deffo wanna have more exciting moments maybe but, I'm currently clear and balanced. Maybe because I cleaned my room and can breathe again. I burned Amber and "Bright Star" incense and put on my "Happy" play list.
I think the incense and clarity of my room has balanced me out. I was feeling sick earlier but now I feel just right. Literally very balanced. The sounds from my play list help though.
There are certain things every human associates with memories, people, places, objects whatever. Fact.
Sometimes when we smell something or taste something we think of a distant memory and get lost in a wonderful moment. Like reliving it all over again at least for that brief second. I think a lot of times the fleeting nature of these wonderful things is what makes us slightly crazy and sad there after. Those sweet tastes and smells are indeed always fleeting. Even if they last for hours, it's never long enough.
This moment is one of those. I can't help but try to hold on. Try not to move. Try not to blink. Try to let it all sink in sooo deep that I won't miss it when it's gone. But I know I will.
The songs on my play list aren't all that special lyrically or musically. But they work in that same memory association way.
My favorite memory is from last year when I went with my sister for a week to West Palm Beach. She was training and I stayed in that lush hotel all day. I stayed downstairs on that beautiful patio all day beneath a clear blue sky the entire week. Listening to the sounds of the pool and posh people talk business on their cell-phones while they ate their lunch with colleagues. I remember sitting there in the warm air at that beautiful patio table under that canvas umbrella just listening to the water of the Greek fountains trickle. Then upstairs to that big comfy room to nap, write, talk to friends, have lunch.... to just relax.
It was so nice. Just enjoying my own company and working on my music. I like to hope that my life will be that way permanently someday. That I can sit in a lush hotel exactly like that one if not better, enjoying the swishing of the palms, trickling of ornate fountains, bright sun, clear blue sky, the warm breeze, fresh air, quiet hum of people, and the soft splashing of the pool surrounded by socialites quietly sunbathing in their own world... maybe add someone serving cold cocktails all day long.
And where would I be among this? Sitting under the umbrella in my sunglasses enjoying an icy Italian soda or cocktail while working. And my work being writing my music. Working on my next greatest hit. Or new material for my sophomore release.
Living like that, writing my music for millions to enjoy, performing huge concerts with a backing band of lively, fun, sweet diverse people, touring and living in the towers where everyday would be set in the lap of luxury is where I want to be.
I think it'd be nice to get another week like that by myself or with one or two friends for my birthday (Which is coming up soon might I add). Buy some groceries to take with me so there'd be no need to buy expensive meals. Just pamper myself/ourselves in the hotel. Catch some sun. And write music. And if my friends are there, we'll spend the days in the sun reminiscing about the old and new and enjoy just being together under the sun, under the palms, in the lap of luxury soaking up the R&R. That's exactly what I want for my birthday and for the rest of my life.

That's where my play list puts me.
That's where I wanna be.
Excuse me while I daydream.
Love&sugar,
Sarah Rocks

No comments: