Monday, April 28, 2008

Zuchini Puffs.

Hey everyone,
My goodness!
I think I've neglected this blog long enough. I had to go back and read my last post to even remember what the hell I wrote about! Yikes.
Anyways! Things here are dandy. Seriously good. I'm happy. I can easily say that. My music has become my entire existence. I consider this a very good thing though. I don't need boy trouble right now. Even though there's a few punk rock boys my heart is throbbing for.
So, my music had morphed all on it's own. It all started when a trip to California came into play. No, I haven't gone yet! Buttttt, hopefully, in July if money is good, Donald and I will be driving there. Yes, from the dirty south to the city of angels. It's gonna be the greatest! I'm so excited, you have no idea!
Anyways, back to my music. When I told my super awesome front-woman-punker-chick friend that I was heading out west to see the lights, she immediately told me that not only would be party but they would perform a special show for us when we got there!! Talk about incredible! But, to put the icing on the cake she also wants me to perform at the show with her band! You can imagine my surprise right? So, I decided to work on my punk motif. I was originally going for that when I started out on my own but slowly veered away which made me all awkward n' shit.
I decided to do a cover of The Muffs cover of "Kids In America" and that's when it all happened. I gained more of a fan base with that one song than I had with all my others combined! Personally impressed with the magic I made, I decided to get into it. And wow. I'm Like a Mia Zapata Brody Dalle hybrid!!!!! It's sooo stellar. I've never felt more sure of my music or vox than I do now.
So, to prepare myself for this show, I decided to take advantage of my cafe job and start playing the open mic nights.
I ate shit the first time I played. It was a massacre to all things musical. I was insanely nervous at that. But it seriously was suckish. I got back on the horse and tried again though and it was immensely good. I was envious of myself! I went up there cool and collected and played like a fucking pro. Everyone loved it so much and so did I. When I walked back down that hall to head out for a cig, everyone just clapped and congratulated me on how awesome it was.
I know now right down to my toes that this is the feeling I wanna get high off of for the rest of my life. It is soo incredibly good and no one can bring you down from it. I love it.

So, that really covers it.
My life is surrounded by punk rock now and You know what...
I wouldn't have it any other way..
-Sarah Rocks!

No comments: