Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happily Fatigued.

So the past few days have been on the rougher side of things.

First off our power was out for close to 24 hours on thursday-friday. It fucking sucked. I reside in Florida which makes that all the more worse. Hello? It's not called the "sunshine state" for nothing. Which also made that situation worse was that we also had no water. Yeah, I live in the jungle and don't have city water. The well water system won't work without electric. So, I'll just let you be the judge of how shit-tastic that day was.

My parents left Friday with mi tia to Tennessee and the Carolinas. Woo. Haha. They'll have fun i'm sure. They always do. So they'll be gone until wednesday I believe. Which gives me some peace and quiet... sort of. Well, some less hostile time with the munchkin at least. Haha.

So everything was good leading up to last night. I went along to The Olive Garden for dinner and then home. I cracked open a hard lemonade and proceeded to blast the haunting tunes of Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, and the lovely Bessie Smith. All in that order. I knew folk blues was a more moody genre and the grand-daddy of rock n' roll but, I didn't realize how literal the "blues" term actual is until last night.

I was enjoying the sweet raw lo-fi sound and the wailing voices and then I just sunk into a depression.

I completely saturated my senses enough to actually give myself the blues. Hahaha! It was great and intense. Folk blues is truly a beautiful thing. I'm glad I let myself duelve into it.

Trying to get back to my roots ya know? =]

So while sipping on my hard lemon-odd, I called a friend and we talked until 5.36. He too is a musician and I totally admire him for making great music. He's been doing it for a while and it may finally pay off very soon. I'm totally stoked for him. So, he gave me advice and we talked about demos and albums.

You know... the best thing about him is that he says things I always questioned myself were right. And that makes me all the more reassured in the world.

So in a fun-size wrapper,
I feel right as rain.
Well...
Yeah I guess.. haha..
;D
Love&sugar,
Sarah Rocks!

No comments: